EarthFest Education Grant
Arizona Forward is pleased to announce more than $5,000 in grant funding for the 2013-14 school year, made possible by Helios Education Foundation and our event partners. Arizona teachers in K-12 can apply for funding to support environmental projects in their classroom, at their school or in their community. Projects must enhance awareness of and interest in environmental sustainability.
About the Program
- Arizona educators may apply for grants to support projects that are environmental in nature and that focus on such topics as: energy, water, air quality, transportation, land planning, plants and animals or waste management.
- One or more grants will be awarded.
- Deadline for submitting applications is 4 p.m., January 5, 2014. Applications may be mailed or emailed to email@example.com.
- Projects must be completed by May 1, 2014.
- Arizona Forward will select the winner(s), to be notified on or before January 17, 2014.
- Projects must target students in K-12 and focus on any of the above listed topics.
- Projects submitted may be stand-alone, joint efforts with other classrooms or entire schools may also support existing projects.
- Projects with matching funds and/or in-kind contributions will be considered.
- Arizona Forward reserves the right to modify any of the above criteria if adequate documentation shows that particular projects will have significant educational and environmental value.
One or more grants will be awarded at the discretion of the Arizona Forward’s Environmental Education Committee.
How to Apply
Teachers should complete and return the EarthFest Education Grant Application Form, along with a short project description of no more than two pages and relevant supporting material. Arizona Forward must receive applications, no later than 4 p.m., January 5, 2014.
Within 30 days of the project’s completion, grant recipient(s) will be required to complete a project summary form provided by Arizona Forward and submit it along with photos of the project. Failure to submit these materials will disqualify submitters from receiving future grants.
Application materials must be submitted to:
ATTN: EarthFest Education Grant
3800 North Central Avenue, Suite 1010
Phoenix, AZ 85012