Arizona Forward advocates for a balanced energy portfolio for our state. Arizona's energy producers and suppliers should provide diversified and reliable energy supply with the goal of reducing the use of fossil fuels. Local communities should reduce carbon emissions through the use of alternative fuel vehicles, conservation measures, clean burning fuels and other strategies. Sound national energy policies will enable residents to obtain energy from a wide range of sources in a way that is best for the economy and at the same time addresses local considerations. An abundant, diverse energy supply is central to our state's prosperity.
- Promote strategies to reduce Arizona's dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels.
- Advocate for and educate about energy conservation and sustainable home/work environments through effective energy-efficiency strategies and the purchase/installation of renewable energy technologies.
- Encourage sound policy to protect economic development while promoting environmental sustainability through the use of renewable energy.
- Foster long-range sustainable energy planning as an integral part of municipal planning and development.
- Promote/fund renewable energy education programs in our local communities.