Unit 5 –Marketing Plan
Firms that are successful in marketing invariably start with a marketing plan. The plan should cover one year. For small companies, this is often the best way to think about marketing. Things change, people leave, markets evolve, and customers come and go.
In many respects, the Marketing Plan is the most important document produced by marketers as it not only helps to justify what has occurred in the past, but is critical for explaining where a company intends to go in the future.
The first step is the Situation Analyses. The purpose of the situation analysis is to indicate to a company about the organizational and product position, as well as the overall ...view middle of the document...
- Decrease of the life quality – enslaved to a robotic life and forced to act as the society requests the quality of people’s lives is decreasing every day, being hard enough to start taking it from the beginning and understanding that above all they count the most
These are just a few of the aspects that could harden the fulfillment of the set goal.
The second step would be the SWOT analyses which is a structured planning method used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project or in a business.
Setting the objective should be done after the SWOT analysis has been performed. This would allow achievable goals or objectives to be set for the organization. Identification of SWOT is important because they can inform later steps in planning to achieve the objective.
• Strengths: the strength of the product could be characterized as mentioned above through: novelty, will to change, perspective, broaden the universe, awareness of one’s needs, discovering truths about one self and so on. This is considerably a step ahead of any other “writer” because this is intended not to be a novel well sold but a book that teaching you to get to know yourself in a different playful way.
• Weaknesses: contrary to the strengths mentioned above – a weak side would be exactly this – the fact that people forgot how to live their lives and became robotic, enslaved by the demands of a poor society. People have closed their eyes to the exact truth that lies before them.
• Opportunities: in my company’s case the elements that the project could exploit to its advantage would be exactly the point where we, as a society stand right now. The society is weaken, is confused, does not know whom to obey anymore or if it is of any purpose to do it and thus, this would be the perfect time to start doing some changes and create their own path.
• Threats: the basic elements in the environment that could cause trouble for our project are thin lines that lay between our project and those who just want to become some type of over night writers, by selling what everybody sell these days. It is difficult to explain to people right now that something could be different if they just gave it a try.
The third step is building a strategic marketing plan and here most people fall into the trap of thinking that “marketing” just means advertising, PR or promotion. But marketing and a marketing plan is so much more than that, and includes everything from understanding the market to which you’ll sell your products and services, to choosing specific tactics you’ll use to reach that market.
Building a strategic marketing plan is know where to place your products, when to place it, to whom start addressing and how to address exactly.
The forth step is marketing mix strategy. Marketing mix is a strategy that has been formulated after taking into consideration the 4P's of marketing: product, price, place and promotion.