Steffen Fuller, PH. D.
Neuropsychological and Personality Assessment.
* 33 years old female, Master’s degree-level education.
* She and husband in process of divorcing; have 2 small children
* Pt. report increased anxiety in recent month, manifesting in interrupted sleep, worry over possible custody battle with husband, and paranoid thoughts that husband is stalking her.
* Pt. also reports that she has new boyfriend, is attracted to other men and feels guilty about this.
* Husband reports that pt. is emotionally unstable and has threatened, at different times, both his and her own safety.
1. Does pt. have an anxiety disorder or is ...view middle of the document...
WF+ (closet to popular)
8. 2 Animals walking up the side of a mountain getting ready to fall off… or make it to the top. D. FM (ANIMA MOVEMENT) POPULAR.
9. An ink blot (nothing) trouble dealing with unstructured date.
10. Lots of pretty colors. Crabs. Big crabs (blue side) little crabs (yellow). D FC+. The last card it may provide an opportunity for the subject to "sign out" by indicating what they feel their situation is like, or what they desire to know. Probably PT. feel some positivity and hope by the ‘ lots of pretty colors”.
TAT Result interpretation:
1. A little boy who.. wants to .. learn to play the violin.. he is getting discouraged. He knows it’s tough instrument to learn. So he’s contemplating whether he should keep trying to learn. He gives it his best effort and find out it wont’ be so hard after all.
1st intro: positive want to learn to play desires to know more and enjoy life. 2nd problem: but discouraged by the difficulty. (person in contemplation to change) 3er resolution : give best effort hope/ know that is not that hard after all. Know that hope and positive solutions are in the future. Good problem solving.
2. This girl is going off to school. And she’s hesitating be she’s turning around and looking at this man with a great body and wondering if she should forget about school and stay home and have fun with him. The mother is saying “ I hope to God she choose to go to school”. In the end, she choose to go to school be she was brought up with strong educational values and she certainly doesn’t want to be living in a shack even thought it’s really pretty back there.
1st intro: Temptation VS Responsibility (contemplation of good and bad consequences, mediation between ID – SUPER EGO). 2ND problem: The image of a mother on the reaction mind that super-ego take a important role in her life. Probably strong educational background values are more important/strong that her inner desires. 3er resolution: At the end she choose to do what supposedly is correct following her responsibilities and avoiding her desires.
3BM. This lady... What is that right there? ..she ‘s hurt. She was hurt by a man who chose to be with so else. And she really loved that man. She picks herself up, says I’ strong enough to love life to it’s best. She moved forward and made happy life for her self.
1st intro: Start negative, the woman is hurt. 2nd problem: She love the men who choose to be with some one else. 3er resolution: Finally she recollect her self and she move forward, probably she is trying to do the same in her life has the hope to go forward with his life to a better future.
14. Person at work. Opens the window to get breath of fresh air. Looks at how beautiful it is outside even thought it’s dark and dingy inside.
1st intro: Pt. localize her self at work responsibilities is primordial. Her present is full of responsibilities and problems, she is inside with the darkness. 2nd problem: but she...