Recently, you received an assignment as the communications and electronics staff NCO of the 99th Infantry Battalion. You are replacing SFC Sharp who is on the promotion list to master sergeant and is departing for his next duty assignment in two weeks.
SFC Sharp’s welcome was impressive and he has done everything imaginable to ensure you’re getting off to a good start. Your Soldiers appear well trained, and your section sergeant, SGT Day, seems to know just about everything. You know you have big shoes to fill when SFC Sharp leaves because everyone seems to like and respect him. You’ve heard people say that he knows more about infantry operations than most infantry platoon sergeants.
SFC Sharp has cleaned out his desk and tells you to make ...view middle of the document...
Both you and SGT Day search the vault and the outer office for any other pages but you don’t find any. SGT Day turns to you and says, “Sergeant, I don’t know about you, but the way I see this is that our section area is secure every evening. The civilian cleaning team doesn’t even clean our area. Only our people ever come in here. From the look of these pages they’ve been behind that desk for some time. These pages are from an alternate communications security book and were never used. The schedule shows them scheduled for destruction two weeks ago, and as far as I’m concerned SFC Sharp destroyed them two weeks ago.”
Performance Measures | Results |
1. Defined the ethical problem. | GO / NO GO |
2. Identified and accurately applied all relevant laws and regulations. | GO / NO GO |
3. Identified all appropriate ethical values. | GO / NO GO |
4. Determined all relevant guiding moral principles from the ethical values chosen. | GO / NO GO |
5. Identified and accurately applied all other relevant moral principles to the ethical problem. | GO / NO GO |
6. Chose a course of action which reflected sound judgment and a thorough analysis of steps one through five. | GO / NO GO |
7. Selected the best method to implement their chosen course of action. | GO / NO GO |
8. Implemented the course of action in accordance with a plan. | GO / NO GO |
9. Assessed results and modified the plan as appropriate. | GO / NO GO |