1. WHAT ARE THE 6 MATH LABS AVAILABLE FOR STUDY IN THE CENTER FOR MATHEMATICS EXCELLENCE? HINT. CLICK THE RUNNING START LINK AND LOOK UNDER OTHER MATH CONTENT.
a. Self Assessment
b. ALEKS Math Refresher
c. Pre-Algebra Review
d. Algebra 1
e. Algebra 2
f. Introduction to Statistics
2. Which three reviewing services are available to students through the Center for Writing Excellence?
a. Write Point
b. CWE Review
c. Plagiarism Checker
3. Which formatting tool does University of Phoenix offer you to create a document consistent with APA guidelines? Riverpoint Writer
4. Which resources in the “Tutorials & Guides” section of the Center for Writing ...view middle of the document...
c. Grammar Mechanics
d. English Language Learners
e. Grammar Glossary
2. Locate the definitions of active and passive voice using the Writing Style resources in the Grammar and Writing Guide. Select which of the following sentence is written in the active voice and which is written in passive voice.
• a. Some of the content of this document was previously submitted by Mary. Passive
• b. Mary previously submitted some of the content of this document. Active
1. Define plagiarism in your own words. Explain the difference between summarizing, paraphrasing, and plagiarizing. Use the Plagiarism resources in the Grammar and Writing Guides to assist you. How will you avoid plagiarism in your college work? Explain your answers in at least 50 words.
Plagiarism is conveying something as if was your own idea. Paraphrasing is when you write a passage in your own words, but the main idea is still the same. Even though it is in your own words you still need to identify where the main idea came from. Summarizing is when you only take the main ideas and points and put them in your own words. If you paraphrase or summarize without the necessary citations, that can be viewed as plagiarism. I plan to avoid plagiarism in my college work by paying close attention to my work so that it is cited correctly. I also plan to use the three reviewing services on the University of Phoenix website.
1. Using commas and semicolons, add the correct punctuation to the following sentences:
a. Karen is a knowledgeable, intelligent person.
b. Roger left the bookstore; he met the learning team at the coffee shop.
1. WHAT ARE THE 3 MAJOR ARTICLE DATABASES FOUND IN THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY?
d. Gale Power Search
e. Pro Quest
7. Where is the University Library Handbook located, and what is its last copyright date?
8. List the 6 mandatory fields needed to complete when asking a question of the...