UNIVERSITY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES
School of Business
Course Code: MKT 242
At the end of the semester, the students should be able to understand –
• The marketing management activities and the major changes which have taken place in the 21st century.
• The consumer behavior affecting the marketers decisions about the product.
• The strategies which are used to deal with competition.
Review of marketing concepts and principles; Developing marketing strategy and plan; Preparation of a marketing plan; Creating customer value, satisfaction and loyalty; Understanding consumer behavior; Market Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning; Dealing with competition; Product-market strategy and product decisions; Pricing policy and strategy; Distribution strategy; Promotion strategy and mix; Introducing new market offerings.
Kevin Lane Keller
Class Attendance/participation 10%
Class Tests 20%
Assignments/case study 20%
Mid-term Examination 20%
Final Examination 30%
Suggestions to the students:
• Students should try to attend all classes to earn full points. An absence of more than 3 lectures would lead to a loss of points. An emergency should be notified to the teacher.
• There will be some class tests for which no make up policy will be followed.
• The assignments are to be submitted within agreed deadlines. Late submissions will lead to substantial deduction of marks.
• Students are expected to show good examination behavior and remain fair at all stages.
Course Teacher: Nazia Nabi