University of Phoenix Material
Effective Study Habits Worksheet
Review Phoenix Career Plan results of Career Plan Building Activity: Work Culture Preference, respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe your ideal study environment.
My ideal study environment is an unusual one. I have ADD so any distractions can hinder me learning abilities. I prefer a dim lighting and a comfortable seating arrangement with absolutely no distractions. In this environment I feel comfortable which helps me to focus better on the task at hand.
2. List some of the distractions that might hinder your study progress or your performance in an online classroom.
My children are a huge distraction for me in an online classroom. My four year old doesn’t understand the meaning of me having to do homework and is very much a mama’s girl. She always wants to sit beside me and point out whatever is on TV, something to do with her baby dolls or just plain being ...view middle of the document...
I also plan to get a big desk calendar to hang beside my seat so I can constantly see and be reminded of what needs to be done. I feel this will help me to remember my assignments and help me to stay on top of my study habits.
5. List 5 effective study strategies from this week that you will use. Explain why you selected them and why they are effective strategies for online learning?
I the following study habits: reduce interference, space it out, use whole and part learning, recite it, and use a study system. I selected these because I feel that those strategies will assist me with online learning by helping me to find an environment perfect for me and to help me to retain the knowledge I need in order to succeed.
6. Identify one change you can make immediately to increase the effectiveness of your study habits. Explain how this will help you become more effective.
The change I would like to make to increase the effectiveness of my study habits would be to create a study system that will help me. By making a study system that works for me I am able to create a more effective learning environment. In this environment I will be able to make systems to help concentrate on my reading and help me to retain the information for quizzes and tests.
7. How does your personal learning style relate to your ideal workplace and your personal work competencies?
I feel my personal learning style relates well to my ideal work space as a psychologist. In my chosen career field I will be in a room with little distractions alone with a client listening to their problems. If I somehow do become distracted I am able to record my session and go back over them that night. Learning to keep an organized day planner will also help because in my career I will have to balance appointments.
8. How is understanding your ideal learning environment applicable to selecting your ideal workplace?
Understanding your ideal learning environment is applicable to selecting your ideal workplace because you will know your comfort area. Feeling comfortable is not just essential to succeeding in college but it also helps to succeed in your career. Being in your comfort zone makes you more comfortable and more open to do better work.