University of Phoenix Material
Foundations of Human Services Worksheet
Answer, in a 50- to 100-word response, each of the following questions:
1. Identify the four themes of human services.
A. Problem living – Human being are not always able to meet their needs. Human services has developed in response to the need of individuals groups or communities for assistance to live better lives.
B. Self Sufficiency help human services open doors for success service providing clients or consumers of human services, with the opportunity and support to be self-sufficient. ...view middle of the document...
A. The sociology disciplines examines the ways in which human societies influences the people who lives in these societies. Sociology also assess individuals in the broader culture and tries to account for the differences within human culture. Sociology helps human services professionals understand elements that affect living, such as family structures, family roles, gender and poverty.
B. Anthropology studies the cultural, physical and social development of human and the variation in their customs and beliefs.
C. Psychology is the study of the mind. And behavior. The disciplines embrace all aspects of human services.
3. How have societal viewpoints concerning mental illness or health influenced human services over the past three centuries?
A. Societal view point concerning children welfare. They help when children are place in juvenile facilities and when they are living in poor condition, because many people believed that children were more vulnerable and deserving group.
4. How have societal viewpoints concerning child welfare influenced human services over the past three centuries?
5. How have societal viewpoints concerning incarceration and probation influenced human services over the past three centuries?
6. Explain how political and legislative changes have affected client care.