BUSINESS STRETEGY |
HARLEY DAVIDSON |
SUBMITTED BY- MANISHA YADAV(IB/05/04) |
SUBMITTED TO-MR. AMIT SAREEN |
Table of content
Chapters | Page No |
Introduction | |
History | |
Value | |
Vision,Mission | |
Product Extension | |
Intensive Strategies | |
Organizational Chart | |
Management | |
İnternal & External Forces | |
Micheal Porter Analysis | |
Market Share | |
Human Resource | |
Strategic mix | |
Competitive Profile Mix | |
Internal Analysis Factor Mix | |
SWOT & SWOT Matrix | |
BCG | |
Conclusion | |
Possible Strategies | |
Harley-Davidson is ...view middle of the document...
Harley & Arthur Davidson (Walter) came together
* 1909 – First V-twin powered bikes, it became most enduring icons of Harley Davidson history.
* 1917 – 1/3 rd of the bikes were sold to the U.S military, at last 20,000 HD bikes were used in World War I (1918).
* 1920 – HD dealerships spread across 74 countries.
* 1930–Bill Davidson, Jr. wins the Jack Pine endurance contest with 997 points of 1,000.
* 1943–Harley-Davidson receives the first of its four Army-Navy "E" Awards for excellence in wartime production.
* 1955–Harley-Davidson produces almost 60,000 WLA models during the war for military use.
* 1987 – Entered into American & New York stock exchanges.
* 1998–A new assembly facility opens in Manaus, Brazil, the first operations outside of the U.S.
* 2001 – Two big plants constructed in Milwaukee & Kansas cities.
* 2004–HD recorded its 19th consecutive year of record earnings
* 2009– Harley-Davidson announces expansion into India.
* 2010–The XL Forty-Eight is introduced, recalling the raw, custom Sporters of earlier days.
* Harley is the only major American Manufacturer of heavy weight motor cycles.
* Have more than 15,000 employees.
Values are the heart of HD business, they guide our actions and serve as the framework for the decisions and contributions our employees make at every level of the Company.
* Tell the Truth.
* Be Fair.
* Keep Your Promises.
* Respect the Individual.
* Encourage Intellectual Curiosity.
Harley Davidson’s Vision
HD, is an action-oriented, international company, a leader in its commitment to continuously improve our mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders (customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders, governments and society). HD believes the key to success is to balance stakeholders’ interests through the empowerment of all employees to focus on value-added activities.
“Always be competitive and continuously improving our customer satisfaction, increasing dynamic, diverse and global market” The best quality motorcycle, motorcycle products and financial services will be provided world wide is the commitment of Harley Davidson. The total team effort of Harley Davidson employees is devoted to full filling dreams of customers and we believe there is not a motorcycle riding experience like Harley Davidson.
We fulfill dreams through the experience of motorcycling, by providing to motorcyclists and to the general public an expanding line of motorcycles, branded products and services in selected market segments.
“Constantly renewing ourselves and offer our customers the best motorcycle experience without compromising the quality.To be branded as the best motorcycle available in the world.”
* Motor Cycles
* Bike accessories
* Buell motor cycles: wholly owned subsidiary of Harley by...