300 Final E
HRM 300: Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
Facilitator: Jennifer Hart
Please highlight your selected responses. Save the document and submit.
Absolutely no assignments will be accepted for credit after 11:59 PM MST on the final day of class – no exceptions!!!
1. Employee involvement is increased when managers make clear, forceful decisions for subordinates.
2. Recent corporate scandals have created a lack of trust for management.
3. Elizabeth is the training manager of a Chicago-based company. She is working on a training program for a subsidiary in ...view middle of the document...
b. Greater control reduces flexibility.
c. Quality programs create steeper hierarchies with fewer workers at the lower levels.
d. Organizations are no longer global.
e. Big business is vanishing.
6. Ethics refers to:
a. a set of rules or principles that defines what is legal and what is illegal.
b. a set of rules or principles that defines right and wrong conduct.
c. a situation in which decisions are made based on religious rules or principles
d. a situation in which individuals make decisions based primarily on their best interest.
e. a situation in which individuals act make decisions based primarily on the best interest of the most economically disadvantaged individuals
7. Good HRM must primarily represent and advocate for the company’s employees.
8. The goal of recruiting is to give enough information about the job to attract a large number of qualified applicants and simultaneously discourage unqualified candidates from applying.
9. The primary functions of management are
a. planning, organizing, adapting, and measuring
b. planning, organizing, leading, and adapting
c. planning, organizing, leading, and controlling
d. planning, leading, controlling, and adapting
e. planning, leading, adapting, and improvising
10. Which of the following is not true regarding changes the U.S. workplace over the last 35 years?
a. There has been a reduction in the number of federal and state laws regarding hiring and employment practices.
b. Jobs have become more technical and require employees with more knowledge and skills
c. Teamwork has become more prevalent.
d. The number of employees working from home has increased.
e. Job boundaries are becoming more blurred.
11. To assist the organization in its strategic direction, which of the following HRM must not do?
a. Attract and retain the most qualified employees
b. Be forward thinking
c. Take the lead regarding the “people” dimension of the organization
d. Support the business strategy
e. Only react to the decisions made by top managers
12. Why would workers in a modern organization unionize?
a. To get more retirement benefits.
b. To limit the grievance procedure process.
c. To decide new plant locations.
d. To increase executive compensation packages.
e. To encourage unilateral decision making.
13. Which of these activities ends the staffing function?
d. Qualifications defined.
e. Career development.
14. Employee motivation can be increased by all of the following except
a. maintaining a level of respect between employees and...