MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC SERVICE PACK 1
WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM SERVICE PACK 1
WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SERVICE PACK 1
These license terms are an agreement between you and
· the device manufacturer that distributes the software with the device, or
· the software installer that distributes the software with the device.
Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. Printed-paper license terms, which may come with the software take the place of any on-screen license terms. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
· Internet-based services, and
· ...view middle of the document...
a. Software. The software includes desktop operating system software. This software does not include Windows Live services. Windows Live is a service available from Microsoft under a separate agreement.
b. License Model. The software is licensed on a per copy per device basis.
c. Edition Specific Rights. See the Additional License Terms sections at the end of this agreement for license terms that apply to specific editions of the software.
2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. The software license is permanently assigned to the device with which you acquired the software. That device is the “licensed device.” A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
a. Licensed Device. You may install one copy of the software on the licensed device. You may use the software on up to two processors on that device at one time. You may not use the software on any other device.
b. Number of Users. Except as provided in the Device Connections (all editions), Remote Access Technologies (Home Basic and Home Premium editions) and Other Access Technologies (Ultimate edition) sections below, only one user may use the software at a time.
c. Alternative Versions. The software may include more than one version, such as 32-bit and 64-bit. You may use only one version at one time. If the manufacturer or installer provides you with a one-time selection between language versions, you may use only the one language version you select.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. Multiplexing. Hardware or software you use to
· pool connections, or
· reduce the number of devices or users that directly access or use the software
(sometimes referred to as “multiplexing” or “pooling”), does not reduce the number of licenses you need.
b. Font Components. While the software is running, you may use its fonts to display and print content. You may only
· embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions in the fonts; and
· temporarily download them to a printer or other output device to print content.
c. Icons, images and sounds. While the software is running, you may use but not share its icons, images, sounds, and media.
4. MANDATORY ACTIVATION.
Activation associates the use of the software with a specific device. During activation, the software will send information about the software and the device to Microsoft. This information includes the version, language and product key of the software, the Internet protocol address of the device, and information derived from the hardware configuration of the device. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkid=96549. By using the software, you consent to the transmission of this information. If properly licensed, you have the right to use the version of the software installed during the installation process up to the time permitted for activation. Unless the software is activated, you have no right to use...