IT 230 Assignment 1-3
1. Which of the following is true about 1 bit? (C. Represents one binary digit)
2.Which of the following terms mean approximately 106 bytes? (B. Megabytes)
3. Which answer lists the correct number of bits associated with each term? (C. 64 bits per quadruple word)
4. Which of the following answers are true about random-access memory (RAM) as it is normally used inside a personal computer? (A. Used for short term memory & C. used to process data)
5. This chapter ...view middle of the document...
Which of the following determines, in part, what bits the computer stores in the file to represent the text typed into the report? (C. Character Set)
7. A user has opened a calculator application, typed the numbers 123456789, and then done some math problem using this number. Which of the following determines, in part, what bits the computer (D. the binary equivalent of decimal 123456789)
8. Which of the following is not a feature of a file system that might be used with a hard disk drive? ()
9. A student writes a report using a word processor, saving the report in a file called my_report. The student stores the file on his laptop hard disk drive. Later, he posts the file on a file-sharing site for a classmate to review the report. Then, he copies an updated version of the file to a flash drive to submit it to his instructor. Which of the following are some of the important features supplied by files defined by a computer OS? ()
10. You write some files to a flash drive and then share the drive with a classmate. That classmate then opens an application that lists the contents (folders and files) of what is on the flash...