Lab 9: perform a virus scan and malware identification scan and eliminate threat
1. What is the difference between a Trojan and a virus? A virus is a program that is capable of replicating with no user assistance, and a Trojan horse is a program that pretends to have useful features, but actually contains a damaging payload.
2. A virus or malware can impact which of three tenets of information systems security? C-I-A? Describe how it impacts it as well? Virus can send files to other ...view middle of the document...
Why is it recommended to do an antivirus signature file update before preforming an antivirus scan on your computer? updating antivirus information on newly made viruses so that it can catch them. If you don't update it will be scanning for the old viruses it knows about only.
5. When sending a file a user asks you to zip it and encrypt the file if possible, why would this be?
6. You receive an email regarding a link from one of your friends for some special documents, shortly after that you receive the email from 3 other friends and the emails are not being blocked, what is likely the cause?
7. Specify a setting you would want to turn on if you were running AVG on your system to improve the quality of scans you do on the system?
8. Your employees email file attachments to each other and externally through the organizations firewall and internet connection. What security countermeasures can implement to help mitigate the risk of rouge email attachments and URL web links?
9. What are typical indicators that your computer system is compromised?
10. What elements are needed in a workstation domain policy regarding use of antivirus and malicious software prevention tools?