Student Self-Assessment Paper Due Week 8
Please answer the following questions based on the Leader’s Self-Insight exercises that you have done so far in each chapter of the Daft textbook, along with the Four Types Temperament Sorter you completed in the Keirsey book.
1. In what areas do I most need to improve my self-awareness?
2. Why? What will be my payoff?
3. What potential obstacles stand in my way?
4. What are the specific things I will do to enhance my self-awareness?
5. When will I do them?
6. How and when will I measure my success?
As you answer these questions, please be sure to do the following things:
• Give both your name at the top of your paper and the class ...view middle of the document...
When you are responding to the above questions, be sure to include in the text of your paper explicit mention by name of the particular self-assessments that have informed and influenced your thinking, and include the page number in Daft or Keirsey where each of these self-assessments is located. For example, insert (Daft, page x) after you give the name of a particular self-assessment in Daft.
2. Your professor is assuming that the books that you have used for this assignment are the required texts for this course, Daft and Keirsey. Therefore, you are not required to have a “References” section at the end of this paper, unless, of course, you are drawing on sources that were found in books other than Daft and Keirsey.
3. Do not include an Appendix that has provides copies of your self-assessments.
4. Answer the above questions thoroughly, drawing on self-assessments that you have done to support the points that you wish to make
5. Take care to write in a professional manner. You may seek assistance with your process of writing from the Graduate School’s Professional Communications Center.
6. You may discuss your answers with other students and draw on their comments, but the final thoughts and writing must be your own. Handing in answers that were prepared by other students will be treated as a form of plagiarism, and punished accordingly.
7. Make sure that your Action Plan is:
c. Complete, and
 These questions were developed by Stephen P. Robbins and Phillip Hunsaker in their book Training in Interpersonal Skills: TIPS for Managing People At Work 5th edition ( McGraw Hill, 2009)