MIS535 Final Exam Study Guide
YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT THIS GUIDE.
1. The final exam is "open book, open notes." The maximum time you can spend in the exam is 3 hours, 30 minutes. If you have not clicked the Submit For Grade button by then, you will be automatically exited from the exam. In the final exam environment, the Windows clipboard is disabled, and so you still will not be able to copy exam questions or answers to or from other applications.
2. You should click the Save Answers button in the exam frequently.
This helps prevent connection timeouts that might occur with certain Internet Service Providers, and also minimizes lost answers in the event of connection problems. If your ...view middle of the document...
Submitting Your Final Exam:
* When you are finished with the Final Exam, click on the "Submit for Grade" button
* Please note: Once you click the "Submit for Grade" button, you will NOT be able to edit or change any of your answers
7. Exam Questions
* There are 7 randomly selected multiple-choice questions (4 or 5 points) for a total of 30 points.
* There are 6 randomly selected essay questions each worth 25 points and 1 essay question worth 20 points for a total of 170 points.
* The final exam covers all course TCOs and Weeks 1-7
* The final exam contains 2 pages, which can be completed in any order.
* This means that not everyone will have the same questions. Even if you do have some of the same questions, they may not be in the same order. These questions are distributed amongst the TCOs. The entire exam is worth 200 points.
* On the essay questions your answers should be succinct, fully address each part of the question, and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in a concise but complete answer. Most essay questions require answers that are a couple of paragraphs (not a couple of sentences) that directly speak to each part of the question. Some students opt to work on the essay questions first, due to their higher point value and length of time needed to adequately address each question. But this is entirely your choice.
* Remember always use proper citation when quoting other sources! This means that ANY borrowed material (even a short phrase) is being placed in quotation marks with the source (URL, author/date/page #) immediately following the end of the passage. Changing a few words in a passage does NOT constitute putting it in your own words and proper citation is still required. Borrowed material should NOT dominate a student’s work, but should only be used sparingly to support your own thoughts, ideas, and examples. Heavy usage of borrowed material (even if properly cited) can jeopardize the points for that question. Un-cited material can jeopardize a passing grade on the exam. As a part of our commitment to academic integrity, your work may be submitted to turnitin.com, an online plagiarism checking service. So please be VERY mindful of proper citation.
8. Some of the key study areas are as follows: (while these are key areas remember that the exam is comprehensive for all the assigned course content and this study guide may not be all inclusive.
* TCO A
* Evolution of business to become digital firms
* Impacts of globalization
* Information system types
* Cloud computing
* TCO B
* Mobile devices, social media, cloud computing
* Value chain model
* Information system organizations
* Strategy and competitive advantage
* Internet business models
* E-commerce and M-commerce
* TCO C