Module G Unit 2 Spelling List
1. Sincerity- An emotion that patients can perceive from members of
the dental healthcare team when barriers are removed and the
message is interpreted as authentic.
2. Forensic Odontology- Method of tooth identification based on
3. Interorganizational Conflict- Conflict within the organization.
4. Concise- Organized manner.
5. Salutation- A greeting such as "Dear-" and "To Whom It May
6. Phenomenological- Term that decribes viewing a situation from
the other person's point of view.
7. Regard- Pertaining to.
8. Dental Radiograph- X-ray of teeth.
9. Intrapersonal Conflict- Conflict within oneself when one is expected
to perform ...view middle of the document...
list is used, the period is omitted and the list is not indented.
14. Semantics- Meaning of words and language.
15. Jargon- Specialized words, acronyms (groups of initials), and
other terms that are unique to a given group.
16. Diagnostic Model- Clasts of a patient's mouth used as a tool in
17. Objective Statement- Findings a dentist makes.
18. Correspondence Log- Method used to document various types of
correspondence that pertain to the patient. This form is kept
in the patient's clinical record.
19. Horizontal Channel- Working across organizational structures,
communication is transmitted between members. Occurs
primarily among members at the same level.
20. Electronic Noise- Noise from high-speed hand pieces and other
21. Maslow- (1908-1970) Psychologist who believed that individuals
have to satisfy a level of physiologic need before they are
motivated to seek the next level.
22. Modified Blocked- A blocked format with one change: paragraphs
are indentede 5 spaces.
23. Reference Initials- Initials of the sender of the letter (in upper case)
and initials of the typist (in lower case).
24. Standard Punctuation- Type of punctuation in which the salutation
is followed by a colon (:), and the complimentary closing is
followed by a comma (,).
25. Laboratory Form- Prescription used to communicate instructions
to a laboratory technician.