New Hire Communication
BUSS COMM / 295
NEW HIRE COMMUNICATION
NEW HIRE COMMUNICATION
Congratulations! We are writing this letter to welcome you to the beginning of an adventurous, and different experience here at Durhams Safety And Inspection Company (DS&I), and to tell you how much we are looking forward to you joining our team . You bring experience, knowledge, and skills that enhance our capabilities.As a company, we work with over 12,000 employees , as well as joint venture partners, consultants, agents, suppliers, and contractors, that come from different cultures who have different skills and experiences. DS&I is strongly committed to conducting it's worldwide business activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards that are derived from fundamental human values such as honesty, reliability, fairness, mutual respect and trust. We believe this is the right way to operate our business ...view middle of the document...
Weather you are hired to work in our Safety Department, Inspection Department, Maintenance Department, or Department of Administration, you will find that we all work as a team. Our mission and goal is to be responsive to our employee's needs, to protect the environment, and to never put profit before the welfare of our employee's the environment and the community. We further strive to be technologically advanced in our disciplines. To maintain a safe and friendly work environment for our employees as well as our clients. Over the next few weeks as a new hire to our Company you will go through an extensive training program to help ensure your safety and understand why we have policies and procedures in place. We are expecting you for new employee orientation on April 8, 2015 at 9 a.m. You will meet with me to discuss your successful integration into our company and with Human Resources staff to learn about employment related issues. Our dress code is business casual.
Your new team anticipates taking you out to lunch to get to know you and to make sure you meet everyone with whom you will be working. Your agenda, for the first day, follows.
NEW EMPLOYEE AGENDA
* Meet with me to detail your orientation plan and add your interest. Introduce you to your work station and tools.
* 10 a.m. Meet with Human Resources to review employment information and policies.
* 12-1:30 p.m. Lunch with your new coworkers and me. The object is to welcome you to the team.
* 1:30-2:30 p.m. Review your job description with me and set initial goals for orientation, learning, and contribution.
* 2:30-5 p.m. Meet with each of your coworkers, with whom you must work most closely to begin to understand how your jobs overlap and how you can support each other.
* I anticipate that your second day will involve more coworker meetings to understand the department. You will also have the opportunity to continue with your initial work for the department.
Again welcome to the team. If you have questions, please call me at any time during my office hours or on my cell phone after my business hours
Lead safety inspector
(985) 893-0773 ext 141 (office number)
(985) 210-6108 (cellular phone)