PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLAN
[PROVIDE INFORMATION ON HOW THE DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLAN WAS CONTROLLED AND TRACKED. USE THE TABLE BELOW TO PROVIDE THE VERSION NUMBER, THE AUTHOR IMPLEMENTING THE VERSION, THE DATE OF THE VERSION, THE NAME OF THE PERSON APPROVING THE VERSION, THE DATE THAT PARTICULAR VERSION WAS APPROVED, AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE REASON FOR CREATING THE REVISED VERSION.]
|Version # |Implemented |Revision |Approved |Approval |Reason |
| |By |Date |By |Date ...view middle of the document...
These are offered only as suggestions to assist in developing project documents; they are not mandatory formats.
When using this template for your project document, it is recommended that you follow these steps:
1. Replace all text enclosed in angle brackets (e.g.,, ) with the correct field values. These angle brackets appear in both the body of the document and in headers and footers. To customize fields in Microsoft Word (which display a gray background when selected):
a. Select File>Properties>Summary and fill in the Title field with the Document Name and the Subject field with the Project Name.
b. Select File>Properties>Custom and fill in the Last Modified, Status, and Version fields with the appropriate information for this document.
c. After you click OK to close the dialog box, update the fields throughout the document with these values by selecting Edit>Select All (or Ctrl-A) and pressing F9. Or you can update an individual field by clicking on it and pressing F9. This must be done separately for Headers and Footers.
1. Modify boilerplate text as appropriate to the specific project.
2. To add any new sections to the document, ensure that the appropriate header and body text styles are maintained. Styles used for the Section Headings are Heading 1, Heading 2 and Heading 3. Style used for boilerplate text is Body Text.
3. To update the Table of Contents, right-click and select “Update field” and choose the option- “Update entire table”
4. Before submission of the first draft of this document, delete this “Notes to the Author” page and all instructions to the author, which appear throughout the document as blue italicized text enclosed in square brackets.]
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 INTRODUCTION 4
1.1 Purpose of Project Management Plan 4
2 Executive Summary of Project Charter 4
2.1 Assumptions/Constraints 4
3 Scope Management 4
3.1 Work Breakdown Structure 4
3.2 Deployment Plan 4
3.3 Change Control Management 4
4 Schedule/Time Management 4
4.1 Milestones 5
4.2 Project Schedule 5
4.2.1 Dependencies 5
5 Cost/Budget Management 5
6 Quality Management 5
7 Human Resource Management 5
8 Communications Management 5
8.1 Communication Matrix 5
9 Risk Management 5
9.1 Risk Log 6
10 Issue Management 6
10.1 Issue Log 6
11 Procurement Management 6
12 Compliance Related Planning 6
Appendix A: Project Management Plan Approval 7
APPENDIX B: REFERENCES 8
APPENDIX C: KEY TERMS 9
APPENDIX D: SUMMARY OF SPENDING 10
1 PURPOSE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT PLAN
[PROVIDE THE PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT CHARTER.]
The intended audience of the PMP is all project stakeholders including the project sponsor, senior leadership and the project team.
Executive Summary of Project Charter
[PROVIDE AN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF THE APPROVED PROJECT CHARTER. PROVIDE A REFERENCE TO THE...