True/False Questions for Unit 1
1. At its simplest, a database can be seen as a collection of related data.
2. A delimited file is a file where the length of the file is limited.
3. A delimited file is one in which the data is separated by a character such as a comma.
4. All fixed length files are of the same length.
5. In relational databases, logical design is kept separate from physical design.
6. A hierarchical database is designed with a tree-like structure that resembles a file system.
7. Codd defined the core principles of a relational database in ...view middle of the document...
13. An entity is someone who is interested in the database.
14. In a statement of scope, a constraint is a limit on what the database will do.
15. Oracle is a popular relational database management system.
16. A relational database management system does not include tools for backing up and restoring databases.
17. Documentation is not an important part of database development.
18. In a statement of work, the objective section describes the purpose the new database is meant to serve.
19. It is important to document both the design of the database and the process by which it was developed.
20. The most popular database in the last 30 years has been the relational database.
Unit 1 Assignment 1: Homework Student Answer Sheet
STUDENT NAME: _________________________________
To answer each question, darken the circle corresponding to your answer using a pencil. If you decide to change your answer, please erase your original answer completely and darken your new answer.
Question No. | True | False |
1 | | |
2 | | |
3 | | |
4 | | |
5 | | |
6 | | |
7 | | |
8 | | |
9 | | |
10 | | |
11 | | |
12 | | |
13 | | |
14 | | |
15 | | |
16 | | |
17 | | |
18 | | |
19 | | |
20 | | |