• Explain the role of training in an organization’s development.
• Describe different employee development methods and their benefits.
• Analyze the relationship between employee development and organizational development.
• Describe the role of human resource management in career development.
• Reflect on your personal career development. Where do you see your career in 5 years? How can your company or your future company assist you with your career development? Will your company’s career development opportunities be sufficient for your needs?
There is a big importance for an organization to train their employees with the best information and knowledge so that they do ...view middle of the document...
The purpose having the employees learn is to impact their minds with permanent information about the company. “Thus, training involves changing skills, knowledge, attitudes, or behavior.” (Book,)
There are currently six different types of employee development methods, each one offer different aspects to help and organization. The first one is job rotation is when an organization moves employees around to different positions with in the organization to help expand the knowledge and skills that the employee has. The benefit of this method is that the organization can at all times have employees available for different positions incase someone doesn’t show up for work, the ability to have more experienced employees is the a big benefit. The second method is assistant-to positions, this method allows for certain individuals whom posses potential to be managers the ability to be coached along side a current manager of the organization in a different department that they are in, and gives them the ability to see other functions performed and gets the employee ready for potentially becoming a manager. The third method is committee assignment this method allows for the individual in an organization to be appointed to a committee that deals with certain issues in the organization that have a need for a decision maker. The committee is made up of different individuals from the organization who should come up with a decision that they all agree. The benefit of this method is to allow for different individuals work together from different departments and be able to collaborate and come up with a conclusion. The fourth method is lecture courses