Should English language be the medium of instruction for Malaysian Universities?
Hook: “If you talk to man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language that goes to his heart.”- Nelson Mandela.
Bridge: In this quote means that when we are learning and using other language for instance English language it’s easy to see how reaching out to people in their own language makes for a very good start to build relationship. Because in Malaysia now, English language being a command language for all people use to communicate with each other’s surrounding, Even in office, school, universities, and so on. For those would aren’t to leave behind now need to master and learn English language from the beginning. The changes of the instruction in education was started from the ...view middle of the document...
- is that it enables student to communication with the international world. In these days
- In my opinion, the important thing for university and graduates is to follow the development in technology, they have to learn common in English language
- School and university student are bad attitudes toward language and general of speech. The word is writ large the Malaysia student languages do not have good command of English.
- The presence of local languages assumes importance by student will not be able to learn a subject in the English language. This again reinforces the fact that English languages command in higher education institutions. Several reasons for this problem were identified.
- They unable to speak well in English during interviews as most of the interview conducted by companies are in English
- . Another factor is the bad command of English.
- The cited poor communication skills and wrong work attitude and unrealistic expectations as other barriers in gaining employment.
- The other factors that compounded the issue are low command of English languages, low problem-solving skills, tendency to switch jobs or job-hopping and lack of self-confidence.
- The English is language of communication between the people with different cultures.
- There is many reasons which contributed to rising of English spreading.
- English is the language an importance for science and technology.
- In conclusion, “we breathe in our first language, and swim in our second.”- Adam Gopnik. We need to learn our mother tongue if we to succeed in life. However, for more fun, we can jump in pool and learn a second or a third language. You can more freely in water. The English language should be the medium of instruction for Malaysia universities because they promote communication with the international world, the graduates will have good communication skills, different cultures to communicate with internet technology.