UNIVERSITI TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN (UTAR)
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE (FBF)
MAY 2012 TRIMESTER
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) (BA)
Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Accounting (AC)
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Banking & Finance (BF)
Bachelor of Economics (Hons) Financial Economics (FE)
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Language (EL)
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biomedical Science (BM)
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Statistical Computing and Operations Research (SC)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Communications & Networking (CN)
...view middle of the document...
2. Self introduction by tutor and students.
3. Briefing on unit plan.
4. Tutorial expectation and participation.
5. Team formation for group assignment. (5 members each group)
6. Briefing on group assignment (requirement and expectation).
Tutorial 2: (Topic 1: Introduction to Management)
1. What are three common characteristics do all organizations share?
2. How are managers different from non-managerial employees?
3. What skills do managers need?
4. Explain how manager’s roles in managing a small business are different from that of managing a large one.
5. Efficiency and effectiveness are interrelated. Explain.
Tutorial 3: (Topic 2: Managing in a Global Environment)
1. Define “global village”. Identify and explain 3 types of multinational companies or MNCs.
2. Management needs to create a customer-responsive culture. Identify and explain 5 key variables to shaping a customer-responsive culture.
3. Define ‘workforce diversity”. How are organizations and managers adapting to a changing of workforce force?
4. Explain globalization and its impact on organizations.
5. Discuss how society’s expectations are influencing managers and organizations?