the role of promotion and ad
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
* Login via
* International Marketing
* Marketing Tips
* Press Releases
* Social Marketing
* Viral Marketing
* Home Page
ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION
* Jul 01, 2009
ADVERTISING AND SALES PROMOTION
Impact of World Financial Crisis on the Media Industry
...view middle of the document...
It also discussed rationale, plan preparation, integrating and planning advertising and sales promotion
Adverting is only one element of the promotion mix, but it often considered prominent in the overall marketing mix design. Its high visibility and pervasiveness made it as an important social and encomia topic in Indian society. Promotion may be defined as "the co-ordination of all seller initiated efforts to set up channels of information and persuasion to facilitate the scale of a good or service. Promotion is most often intended to be a supporting component in a marketing mix. Promotion decision must be integrated and co-ordinated with the rest of the marketing mix, particularly product/brand decisions, so that it may effectively support an entire marketing mix strategy. The promotion mix consists of four basic elements. They are:-
2. Personal Selling
3. Sales Promotion, and
1. 1. Advertising is the dissemination of information by non-personal means through paid media where the source is the sponsoring organization.
2. Personal selling is the dissemination of information by non-personal methods, like face-to-face, contacts between audience and employees of the
1. sponsoring organization. The source of information is the sponsoring organization.
2. 3. Sales promotion is the dissemination of information through a wide variety of activities other than personal selling, advertising and publicity which stimulate consumer purchasing and dealer effectiveness.
3. 4. Publicity is the disseminating of information by personal or non-personal means and is not directly paid by the organization and the organization is not the source.
DEFINITION OF ADVERTISISNG
The American Marketing Association, Chicago, has defined advertising as "any form of non-personal presentation or promotion of ideas, goods or services, by an dentified sponsor."
FROM THE ABOVE DEFINITIONS:
* Advertisement is a MESSAGE to large groups.
* It is in the form of NON_PERSONAL COMMUNICATION.
* It persuade the GENERAL PUBLICS to purchase the goods or services, advertised.
* It is PAID FOR by advertiser to publisher.
* Advertising messages are IDENTIFIED with the advertiser.
Advertising includes the following forms of messages:
The messages carried in-
* Newspapers and magazines;
* On radio and television broadcasts;
* Circular of all kinds, (whether distributed by mail, by person, thorough tradesmen, or by inserts in packages);
* Dealer help materials,
* Window display and counter – display materials and efforts;
* Store signs, motion pictures used for advertising,
* Novelties bearing advertising messages and Signature of the advertiser.
Each advertisement is a specific communication that must be effective, not just for one customer, but for many target buyers. This means that specific objectives should...