Factors affecting 4th year students of Ann Marris Montessori School in choosing preferred college program.
Background of the study:
To have a beautiful future means to sacrifice and invest their own money and time to send the children in their family to school. According to Theodore Roosevelt, “Education is the key to success.” In the present times, education in the Philippines is very important. Education is the major basis of employment of the Filipino youth. To graduate with a college degree is to have a good job and even improve their self-esteem. Many of the youth today are confused and uncertain as to what path they should follow after their high school days. During the 1960’s and even today, people who graduated college found more job opportunities available to them than those who had a lower form of education. We believe that students who graduate college with the ...view middle of the document...
The characteristics (such as sex, age, parents’ educational attainment, parents’ occupation, size of income, and sibling position) does not affect the career preferences of the senior high school students of Ann Marris Montessori School.
2. The preference of students in terms of childhood aspirations, family/relatives, values, in-demand jobs and school guidance couselor does not affect their career choice.
3. The anticipated problem encountered by students does not affect their career choices.
Significant of the study
* To the students- the respondents are the center of the researcher because ultimately they develop the awareness of themselves, strength, and weaknesses for their career development by continually summarizing and reflecting upon what they are learning from home, school, and community. In totality, students are in charge of their own choice.
* To the parents- In this study, parents will realize how important they are as a source of encouragement in which children are free to explore different areas of career preferences. This study will look forward in giving their children an assurance to acquire quality education that would enable them to obtain better job, better income, and brighter future.
* To the teacher- this study will give information to the teachers of AMMS as to the preferences of the student such that they can focus on the skills needed by the students if ever the latter would pursue the career they have chosen.
* To the school administration- The result of this study will help the school admin in putting an effective career information and guidance system that plays a very helpful role in guiding the students towards making the best possible career decisions.
* To the researcher- The outcome of this study will produce great satisfaction and benefits me as a student.