Topic: How to make a tie blanket.
Specific Purpose: To demonstrate to my audience how to make tie blankets.
Thesis Statement: To show my audience how easy it is to make your own tie blankets.
* Have you ever been sitting watching television on the couch and got cold?
* Well, I know I have, but I have a solution for you that is easy and fun, and could also make a great gift!
* I started making the blankets a few years ago. My grandma showed me how and I’ve been making them ever sense.
* Today, I will explain three basic things which includes finding the right materials, how to cut the fabric, and cut and tie the fringe.
Transition: So, lets start by doing the most important thing, which is getting all of ...view middle of the document...
4x4 index card or piece of paper
Transition: Once you have all the materials that you need, you can move on to cutting the fabric.
II. The second step is to cut the fabric
1. Start by taking your two pieces of fleece and put one piece on top of the other lining up the edge so they are even.
2. Trim off any uneven fabric to make them match with a sharp pair of scissors
3. Find your 4x4 index card or paper and lay it on the corner of your blanket.
4. Cut out the corner through both layers.
* Do this to all four corners.
Transition: Now that the cutting of the fabric is finished time to make the fringe and tie it together!
III. The third step is to make the fringe and tie it together.
A. Cut four inches into both fleeces at 1 inch wide.
1. It is easiest to lay the tape measurer across from the corner of the cut from one corner to the other.
* The fringes do not have to be 1 inch but keep as close as possible.
2. Proceed to cut one inch intervals on both sides.
3. Starting on one side, start tying nots
* Using one fringe from each fleece.
* Tie knots on every other fringe around the entire blanket.
4. Turn the whole blanket over and tie the remaining fringes into knots until your blanket is finished.
Transition: Now that you know how to make a tie cut blanket lets go over what I showed you today.
I. So today I showed you how to do three basic things.
1. I showed you the right materials to get.
2. I showed you how to cut the fabric
3. I showed you how to cut and tie the fringe
II. Tie blankets are inexpensive, and easy to make.
III. So, now when your at home watching television and get cold you will have your own personalized blanket!
Helen Blades, Personal Communication, September 24, 2012.