TMGT 3201 Final Exam Study Guide 1
1. The purpose of an information system’s __process___ component is generating the most useful type of information for making decisions.
2. The four Ms of resources are _____Manpower, Machinery, Materials, and Money.
3. Scheduling and assigning employees might be handled by a __personnel information system___.
4. Managers could use a _manufacturing information system____ to assess the effect on final product costs of a nine percent increase in raw materials.
5. ASCII defines up to __128__ characters.
6. Computers and communication systems use _data codes____ to represent and transfer information between ...view middle of the document...
17. Many organizations now follow the __CERT__ model to form teams that can handle network intrusions and attacks quickly and effectively.
18. The main function of the _CIRC___ model is to provide information on security incidents, including information systems’ vulnerabilities, viruses, and malicious programs.
19. __Business continuity planning__ outlines procedures for keeping an organization operational in the event of a natural disaster or network attack.
20. A __disaster recovery__ plan lists the tasks that must be performed to restore damaged data and equipment.
21. _Roaming___ is using a cellular phone outside of a carrier’s limited service area.
22. In the context of the technologies developed to improve the efficiency and quality of digital communications, _Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)___ divide(s) each channel into six time slots.
23. Within the _Wi-Fi Protected Access 2___ technique for wireless security, a user’s computer and the AP use a master key to negotiate for a key that will be used for a session.
24. In data communication, _convergence___ refers to integrating voice, video, and data so that multimedia information can be used for decision making.
25. A (n) _wiki___ is a type of Web site that allows users to add, delete, and sometimes modify content.
26. __Social networking sites__ are Web sites that allow users to connect with friends, family, and colleague’s online as well as meet people with similar interests or hobbies.
27. A (n) __podcast__ is an electronic audio file that is posted on the Web for users to download to their mobile devices or computers.
28. The Internet2 (I2) project started in _1987___.
29. _Intelligent Agents___ is an application of artificial intelligence that can be used for Web marketing.
30. With _push___ technology, information is sent to users based on their previous inquiries, interests, or specifications.
31. _Search engine optimization___ is a method for improving the volume or quality of traffic to a Web site.
32. A Web page displayed when the user first visits the site is called __splashscreen___.
33. One of the issues with the __global__ structure is that there is a heavy reliance on headquarters for new products and ideas.
34. The level of cooperation and worldwide coordination needed for a (n) _transnational___ structure doesn’t fully exist in today’s global...