Windows Server Deployment Proposal
Each student will create a detailed, organized, unified technical solution given the scenario described below. The submission will be in a written format, with at least one diagram, and may include additional diagrams, charts or tables. The assignment is meant for students to enhance their mastery of the material and to provide a creative and realistic way in which to apply knowledge from this course.
Worldwide Advertising, Inc. (referred to as “WAI”) has hired you as an IT consultant for implementing their Windows network infrastructure. WAI is a new advertising firm, and they are currently hiring staff, establishing two ...view middle of the document...
A secure tunnel (using IPSec) will be established between the two sites so that inter-site traffic will be securely tunneled over the Internet. You may make whatever other assumptions you wish about intra-and inter-site connectivity.
* Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately, and there is no need to describe them.
* Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g., Finances personnel will not want Production staff to see the company’s financial details). Your team may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.
* Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should be identified, however.
Topics to Cover
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate.
The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
New Features of Windows Server 2012
* Describe new features of Windows Server 2012 that WAI can take advantages of.
Deployment and Server Editions
* How many total servers are needed? Which roles will be combined?
* What edition of Windows will be used for each server (e.g., Standard, Datacenter)?
* Will Server Core be used on any servers?
* Where are each of the servers located (which of the two sites)?
* How will the servers be deployed? Manual or automated?
* Number of AD domains?
* Will there be any Read-Only Domain Controllers?
* How will the second site factor into domain controller placement? How will AD sites be configured?
* How will AD organizational units be organized (considering how group policy will be used and users will be organized)?
DNS and DHCP
* DHCP scope design (e.g., lease times, number of scopes, address range)
* Will a form of DHCP fault tolerance be implemented?
* Will DHCP reservations be used for servers?
* DNS namespace design (e.g., domain name(s) chosen, split DNS for Internet/intranet, zones)
* How will DNS be handled for the second site?
* How will applications be deployed? If using Group Policy, what are the details on how Group Policy will be...